FOX Guilde - Forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Tips and trix GaucheAccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexionTips and trix Droite
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

Tips and trix

+2
FOXDaRa
Osgiliat
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Osgiliat

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeJeu 7 Oct - 11:22

This week I stumbled upon some really interesting stuff I did not know about. It´s pretty basic and most of you probably know this already. But this has helped me loads. Hope some of you can learn something from this and please keep posting stuff like this. Nothing is to basic. It´s easy to miss simple very useful stuff.

1. When u make zerglings for example and have 20 larvas to make from I used to press z 20 times. I found out you can hold down z to make em faster.

2. If you have a group of zerglins on 1 and making a couple of more zerglings you can click shift+1 to add them to group 1. Even works to add the eggs that are making the zerglings. I find this very useful.

3. Put all your Overlords in a group as soon as you make em using the shift trick. And as soon as you hit lair u can make em all generate creep with only 1 click instead of selecting every single ol. There is plenty of other stuff you can do instead.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Osgiliat

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeJeu 7 Oct - 11:34

I have all my hatches on 4 and all my queens on 5. When I wanna inject larva I just press 5 and the v and click the hatch on minimap. Works really good. Easy way to keep your macro up.
Also works for chrono boosting your nexus.

If you wanna drop stuff while moving. Baneling bombing for example. Move the overlord over the area you want to target and when the ol is above press D and click the ol. This will drop banelings while moving over the enemy army. Very effective. This obviosly works with all types of drops and dropships.
FOXDaRa
Admin

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeJeu 7 Oct - 16:16

Thx Osgi.
Even if I knew everything, and thats thanks to PsyStarcraft, who always give those kind of tips during cast.

Btw, Shift+ number is made to ADD some unit to an existant bind. So if your hotkey was virgin, it works exactly like CTRL + number, or else, it adds.

About queen/hatch control, you should learn from PsyStarcraft a better way to use it. I explained it to Zergo.

Citation :
Nothing is to basic.
You mean "too" right ?
Catyoul

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeJeu 7 Oct - 22:59

• I like the backspace and shift+V method to inject myself : select your queens, press v, keep shift down, and press backspace+click on each hatchery.
  • I recently noticed that you can know if a Xelnaga tower is controlled even under fog of war ! Still need to confirm it.
  • Apparently, you can Ctrl-right click to attack move Surprised Surprised Surprised Haven't tried it yet.
  • HP bars always on is awesome for micro. You get used to the clutter quickly. It's in the gameplay options.
  • Also in the gameplay options, the one that shows where flying units are compared to the ground. Sooooo useful for storming mutas.
  • Unburrow can be set on autocast.
  • Something that changed from SC1, I was surprised more people don't know this : when you want to select a worker to build something you can select a bunch of them and give the order. You can even order several buildings, one worker will be dispatched for each of them.
  • If you right click workers on an unfinished assimilator/extractor/refinery, they will start mining from it once it's finished.
  • Almost all orders can be queued, contrarily to SC1. That includes for example unsiege, move and siege again.
  • Multiple tumors at the same place spread creep faster. The basic mechanism is that for each creep tumor, it will look in all tiles of the map in its spreading range, and place creep on one adjacent to creep. This also means that if you want to spread creep with a tumor across cliffs/rocks/etc. you would need a bit of creep on the other side. A quick tap of vomit creep for an overlord will do. A consequence of this mechanism is that creep will spread faster if you simply place the tumor near a cliff, since it will only spread in one direction.
  • Some units are just great to feedback as protoss, because people almost never use their energy : Thors, Corruptors, Overseers. Medivacs and Ravens use their energy more but still make a gorgeous target obviously. Also ghosts.
  • Blizzard put back hotkeying a position on the map ! Ctrl - F5/6/7/8 to save a position, F5-8 to recall it.
  • Everybody knows Ctrl-F1 to select all idle workers, right ?
  • You can proxy buildings with zerg by building a hatchery and cancelling it. It will leave enough creep to place a building. Costs 75 minerals obviously, and the building will slowly lose health if you don't provide another source of creep.
  • Hotkeying all your upgrade buildings is pretty useful, I'm starting to do it.
  • You can blink to most islands with vision.
  • Contrarily to SC1, you can target fire with bunkers. You can also stim units that are inside it.
  • As zerg, it was common to burrow a ling to block an expansion spot. Spreading creep also does the trick now obviously, with overlords it's easy to do at most expansions.
  • Burrow vs T is better than in SC1. Each scan costs a mule.
  • Apparently, SCVs can also repair Protoss mechanical units (colossus, mothership, ?). Haven't tried myself yet.
  • Apparently, you can mine gas from an ally's refinery/extractor/assimilator Surprised Haven't tried myself yet.
  • You don't need 2 high templars to make an archon, 1 ht and 1 dt also works lol.
  • Talking about team games, medivacs heal mutas. Pretty usable when you give control to your ally.
  • Guardian shield affects air units (not tested myself).
  • Warp prism in phase mode allows you to build. Once the build starts, you no longer need it for the build to proceed. Pop 2 photons and a pylon for example, nice to quickly cannon that cliff Wink

Dernière édition par Catyoul le Ven 8 Oct - 0:46, édité 1 fois
Osgiliat

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeJeu 7 Oct - 23:14

Thx Catyoul. That was some really nice info. Plenty I didn´t know.
FOXDaRa
Admin

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeVen 8 Oct - 6:06

Catyoul a écrit:

Everybody knows Ctrl-F1 to select all idle workers, right ?

Huge !
Catyoul

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Oct - 5:24

Catyoul a écrit:

• I recently noticed that you can know if a Xelnaga tower is controlled even under fog of war ! Still need to confirm it.
Nevermind, this doesn't actually work. It just shows the tower in the last state where you actually had vision of it.
FOXSynxS

FOXSynxS

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeMer 27 Oct - 13:53

Take a Xel'Naga with a reaper and pop it over the cliff, if close enough--you'll remain in control of it !
FOXDaRa
Admin

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeDim 31 Oct - 12:40

* Map Trick : On Shakuras Plateau, opponents can't spawn on vertical position.
Osgiliat

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeDim 31 Oct - 23:06

DaRa a écrit:
* Map Trick : On Shakuras Plateau, opponents can't spawn on vertical position.

Ty that was really helpfull. Now I do fast expand and get 6pooled all the time ZvZ ^^ I usually still win so its all good Smile
FOXHaN

FOXHaN

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeMar 2 Nov - 12:00

• TvT : You can find your opponent's location by looking for his mules through fog of war. The timing is to look when your sending ur own mules. (thx artosis)

• Use shift to spam infested terrans. (thx osgi)

• If you didnt watch what race your opponent(s) picked you can see it ingame by clicking on the top right icon of the screen !
Osgiliat

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeMer 3 Nov - 1:26

[*]Use shift to spam infested terrans. (thx osgi)

Let me clarify that a bit. Lets say you have 5 infestors burrowed moving into enemy base and sneaking up on a nexus for example. Before you arrive you just mass shift t (think thats the shortcut) and when u are in range to spawn infested terrans you kinda instantly throw out all the eggs u got energy for. Much faster then mass clicking t once u are at the location. So basically all eggs pop at the same time and u can kill most of the workers that way.
FOXHaN

FOXHaN

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeVen 5 Nov - 13:07

• ZvT/P on Jungle Bassin : In order to spot an eventual proxy gates/rax at the natural send your overlord toward your choke instead of opponent base so you can see the scv/probe sneaking in. Simple but efficient. ^^
FOXSynxS

FOXSynxS

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeVen 5 Nov - 14:20

The natural's choke ?
FOXHaN

FOXHaN

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeVen 5 Nov - 15:35

SynxS a écrit:
The natural's choke ?

Nah the other choke, so instead of going towards the middle of the map the overlord will go slightly on the direction where the probe/scv could come.
Metalmaster

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitimeDim 5 Déc - 18:18

Little more precision about the infested terran trick:
You can shift+click your terrans as much as you want, it will still launch the eggs slowly, the real factor is that your infestor has to be actually moving while you're queuing your marine eggs.

+10 for the fast larva injection, it's WAY faster than mini-map clicking your hatches, especially when you start having 5 or 6 of them. So far i'm amazed by the number of zerg players that doesn't know about it. Plus, it's shockingly easy to do^^
Contenu sponsorisé

Tips and trix Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Tips and trix   Tips and trix Icon_minitime

Tips and trix
Page 1 sur 1